Recipe by Viclynn
Marrying two of the South's most treasured dishes, this is a fast, easy, delicious dish to serve with roasted meat. Why haven't we thought of this before, ya'll? Yum!
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking grits
- 453.59 g can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 29.58 ml salted butter
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack cheese or 236.59 ml muenster cheese
- 2.46 ml thyme (dried)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cook grits according to package directions.
- 2. Stir in mashed sweet potatoes, butter, salt, and pepper; cook over medium-low heat until heated through. Stir in cheese and thyme.
- 3. Enjoy!
- Notes: Omit the salt, if desired. Can use fat-free or light cheese to lighten the calories.