Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Marrying two of the South's most treasured dishes, this is a fast, easy, delicious dish to serve with roasted meat. Why haven't we thought of this before, ya'll? Yum!
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 (16 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup muenster cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 1. Cook grits according to package directions.
- 2. Stir in mashed sweet potatoes, butter, salt, and pepper; cook over medium-low heat until heated through. Stir in cheese and thyme.
- 3. Enjoy!
- Notes: Omit the salt, if desired. Can use fat-free or light cheese to lighten the calories.