Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups onions, Julienned
- 1 tablespoon garlic, Minced
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 2 cups water
- to taste salt
- cayenne pepper
- 1 lb sweet potato
- Make a dark brown roux, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions and saute for 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Stir in the garlic, pecans and water.
- Season with salt and cayenne. Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add the sweet potatoes and blend to make the sauce smooth.
- Stir in the cane syrup and green onions.
This sounds yummie, but I'd be interested in how you serve this. Also, there are some ingredients in the directions that are missing from the ingredient list. It says to stir in the cane syrup and green onions, but they are not listed as ingredients. Also, in would help to note somewhere that the sweet potatoes need to be cooked. Some folks may not know how to make a roux so that information would be helpful also.