Cook1 hr 30 mins
From Prevention magazine. This looks really good and nutritionally it's sound, as well.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Gratin With Pecan-Crumb Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, green part only
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F with rack in center position.
- Prick potatoes several times with fork and wrap each in foil. Roast until very tender, about 45 minutes.
- Unwrap foil and halve potatoes; scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
- Mash the potatoes with the butter, zest, juices, garlic, allspice and salt to taste. (You can prepare it this far up to two days ahead of time - just store well-covered in the fridge).
- Toss together the bread crumbs, pecans, green onions and Parmesan in a bowl.
- Reduce the heat to 375 deg F and grease a 1 quart pie plate or other shallow ceramic baking dish. Spoon the potatoes into the dish and cover with the crumb mix.
- Bake until the crumbs are golden and the potato mixture is hot, about 30 minutes.