1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato Gratin With Pecan-Crumb Topping
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From Prevention magazine. This looks really good and nutritionally it's sound, as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, green part only
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 deg F with rack in center position.
- 2Prick potatoes several times with fork and wrap each in foil. Roast until very tender, about 45 minutes.
- 3Unwrap foil and halve potatoes; scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
- 4Mash the potatoes with the butter, zest, juices, garlic, allspice and salt to taste. (You can prepare it this far up to two days ahead of time - just store well-covered in the fridge).
- 5Toss together the bread crumbs, pecans, green onions and Parmesan in a bowl.
- 6Reduce the heat to 375 deg F and grease a 1 quart pie plate or other shallow ceramic baking dish. Spoon the potatoes into the dish and cover with the crumb mix.
- 7Bake until the crumbs are golden and the potato mixture is hot, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Gratin With Pecan-Crumb Topping
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.7 mg
- Sodium 113.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs