Recipe by chiclet
This dish is to die for! It takes center stage on Thanksgiving every year, no matter what we serve alongside it. Not for the calorie-counter or traditionalist, but maybe that's just part of the appeal!
- 8 large sweet potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 4 cups whipping cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel and thinly slice sweet potatoes (aim for about 8 cups of 1/4 inch slices).
- Butter a shallow 4 quart casserole dish.
- Puree the chipotles in adobo and stir into whipping cream.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat and boil the potato slices for 15 minute Drain well.
- Arrange a single layer of sweet potatoes in the casserole; pour 1 cup chipotle-cream mixture over them. Season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat layering, ending with chipotle-cream.
- Bake 45 min-1 hr., or until potatoes are lightly browned and bubbling. Serve warm.