This recipe is from the chef at a nearby golf club. Of course, he doesn't measure anything, so the original quantities were "to taste." The end result has always gotten rave reviews. Sept 2005 Update: Thanks to Thorsten for providing measurements and a photo!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel and slice yams 1/8" thick- easily done in a food processer.
- Layer yam slices (overlapping) lengthwise in a 13 x 9 casserole.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Repeat yam and spice layers.
- Pour whipping cream over everything so dish is half full.
- Bake 1 hour.