Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderfuly filling meal with the added joy that you made your own pasta:)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & finely diced
- knob butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 30 g butter
- 85 g Stilton cheese, crumbled
- To make the gnocchi, first boil the sweet potato unti soft. Drain & leave to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, use a potato masher to combine the potato with the butter, flour, egg yolk & nutmeg.Add extra flour if it looks to sticky.
- Beat the mixture together using a wooden spoon to form a dough.
- On a floured board, roll the dough into a long sausage.
- Using the back of the knife, cut the dough into small pieces about 1cm thick.
- Drop the gnocchi into boiling salted water for 5-6 minutes until they begin to float to the surface.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter ina pan & fry the cooked gnocchi for 2-3 minutes until golden. Stir in the crumbled stilton & season.
- Serve immediately.