Recipe by Bonjour Elle
Delicate Vegetarian Dish. Makes an excellent alternative starter to oriental cuisine. Very hearty.
Top Review by Elmotoo
Awesome! Delicious! Velvety! I don't think I doubled it properly because it was a wee bit too sweet. Nevertheless...NO leftovers! The flavors are brilliant. I even used sweet potatoes (not yams), lol. A definite keeper! Made for My 3 Chefs 11/08. :D
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- olive oil
- 1 pinch dry chili peppers or 1⁄4 fresh mild chili
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried lemon grass
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled)
- 200 g coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 liter vegetable stock (cube based)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté garlic and ginger in oil for 1min in large sauce pan, to release flavours.
- Add vegetable stock. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add diced potato, reduce heat and simmer for 10mins, add lemon grass and chili, and continue to simmer until potato is soft, approximately 5mins.
- Return to heat; add coconut and yogurt. Do not boil!
- Serve (garnish with olive oil, and serve with crusty bread).