Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The idea of combining curry with sweet potatoes, red peppers and pineapple intrigues me. Saving this to try soon.
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 inch gingerroot, peeled and finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 medium green chilies, chopped finely or 1 large hot chili pepper, fimely chopped
- 118.29 ml green beans, cleaned and trimmed to 1-2 inch pieces
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced into large chunks
- 236.59 ml canned pineapple chunk, packed in their own juice
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 473.18 ml vegetable stock
- 4.92 ml garam masala
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml coriander
- In a large sauce pan, saute the onion, ginger, green chillies and garlic in oil until onion is transparent.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the of vegetable stock and the spices to the onions and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, green beans and red peppers with the remaining stock to the pan. Bring stock to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until sweetpotatoes are tender but retain their shape.
- Add pineapple an cook until warmed.
- Serve with brown basmati rice.
Made this with canned chilis and skipped the beans, which I didn't have on hand. Served over white basmati rice. These spices complement the sweetness of the sweet potatoes and the juiciness of the pineapple nicely. I'm looking forward to the leftovers!