Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The idea of combining curry with sweet potatoes, red peppers and pineapple intrigues me. Saving this to try soon.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 inches gingerroot, peeled and finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 medium green chilies, chopped finely or 1 large hot chili pepper, fimely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, cleaned and trimmed to 1-2 inch pieces
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced into large chunks
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunk, packed in their own juice
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- In a large sauce pan, saute the onion, ginger, green chillies and garlic in oil until onion is transparent.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the of vegetable stock and the spices to the onions and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, green beans and red peppers with the remaining stock to the pan. Bring stock to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until sweetpotatoes are tender but retain their shape.
- Add pineapple an cook until warmed.
- Serve with brown basmati rice.
Made this with canned chilis and skipped the beans, which I didn't have on hand. Served over white basmati rice. These spices complement the sweetness of the sweet potatoes and the juiciness of the pineapple nicely. I'm looking forward to the leftovers!