Recipe by Trinity_1966
I find it hard to eat only one, so I usually quarter the recipe and make only one. Just in case I'm tempted to eat more.
Top Review by Medussa
This was really lovely and presented well too. The chicken breasts I used were quite thick and were completly raw inside with only 5 minutes cooking each side so I took them out of the pan and sliced them in half to make them thiner and cooked another 5 minutes. The coriander was essential. Two of my three kids didnt like the sweet potato fritters, the rest of the family did so it was worth it (we rarely find a meal all five of us love. Definately will make again.
- 600 g chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 600 g sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 5 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 4 tablespoons coriander leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large non-stick fry pan with cooking spray and cook the chicken breast fillets for 5 minutes each side. Pour over the lemon juice during the last minute of cooking. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and keep warm while you make the fritters.
- Place the grated sweet potato, shallots and ginger in a large mixing bowl and combine. Stir through the egg and flour.
- Recoat the pan with cooking spray and heat. Scoop a quarter of the mixture into the pan and form into a circle about 12cm in diameter. Cook over a low heat for 4 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked. Remove from the pan and keep warm while cooking the remaining fritters.
- Divide the fritters between 4 serving plates. Cut the chicken into slices and place on top of the fritters. Spoon over the sweet chili sauce and scatter with coriander, if using.