Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Excellent side dish. Tasty and delicious.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Fritters ala Nita recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79-29.58 ml butter
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 baked sweet potatoes, peeled,mashed
- 3 large eggs
- 44.37 ml flour
- 44.37-59.16 ml dark brown sugar, depends on sweetness of the potato,red potatoes are usually naturally sweeter
- 2.46 ml table salt
- 118.29 ml baker angel flake coconut (optional)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Heat a saucepan over low heat.
- Add butter and melt.
- Add onions.
- Saute' over medium-low heat until onion is soft and somewhat translucent.
- Do NOT brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Turn burner off.
- Preheat Peanut Oil or Vegetable Oil to 350 Degrees F.
- or to point where a drop of water will sizzle when placed in it.
- Peel and mash sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add sauteed onion.
- Whisk eggs together.
- Add flour and sugar mixing in until smooth.
- Add salt, optional coconut.
- Combine with potato mixture.
- Spoon fritter mixture into hot oil by about 1/2 Tablespoons.
- Cook 5 or 6 fritters at a time.
- Cook fritters about 3 minutes on each side.
- Drain on rack or on paper towels.