Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from the "Gone With The Wind Cook Book - Famous Southern Cooking Recipes". There is a note in the foreward which I love: "Gone With The Wind told of a style of living. as well as a romantic drama, A way of living, playing, and eating that thrilled us all."
- Mix together potatoes, butter, egg yolks, and milk.
- Mix and sift flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt; stir into potato mixture.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites,.
- Drop by spoonfuls into hot deep oil and fry for 2-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbant paper. Serve hot.