Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Sweet Potato Fritters
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled, mashed
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in a deep heavy pot to 365 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl combine the mashed sweet potato, ricotta cheese, sugar, koasher salt and pepper with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Fold in the flour, a little at a time, until combined.
- Working in batches to avoid crowding the pot, drop heaping teaspoons of the batter into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown, turning to brown evenly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with powder sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Arrange them on a serving dish and enjoy!
- Be sure to let the oil return to 365 degrees F between batches.