Recipe by PanNan
I discovered this recipe on the funkymunky.site I modified it slightly. Serve these hot with meat or fish stew..
Top Review by Gustafaduplessis
As a South African I've been making this recipe all my life. In this form it will be quite bland. I want to suggest 3 things. Sweet potato MUST be boiled to very dry. Put some brown suger or honey in for more sweetness - South African food tends to be sweet. then add a bit of grated nutmeg in - it will enhance the taste of the sweet potato. Bon Apetite!
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- water (enough to thin the mixture into a fairly soft dough) or milk (enough to thin the mixture into a fairly soft dough)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- breadcrumbs, for coating
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and boil sweet potatoes until tender. Mash them well.
- Beat eggs and add them to the sweet potatoes along with the flour, butter, salt, and enough water or milk to thin the consistency into a soft dough.
- Shape mixture into flat round cakes, dip first in the beaten eggs, and then coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain well and serve hot.