Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Southern Living. I rarely make these due to my aversion for deep frying, but when I do, they disappear instantly.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded uncooked sweet potatoes
- vegetable oil
- maple syrup
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Add milk, eggs, and butter; stir until smooth.
- Add bacon and sweet potato; stir to combine.
- Heat 3-4 inches of oil to 375° in a Dutch oven.
- Carefully drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls into hot oil (cook only a few at a time). Fry 2 minutes or until fritters are golden brown, turning once.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.