Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love recipes with healthy substitutes. Sweet potatoes with a homemade kefir dipping sauce are the perfect way to get a delicious, healthful side while ditching the fryer and high-fat dressing.
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup lifeway low-fat plain kefir
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes.
- Chop the ends off the potatoes and slice into ½ inch planks, lengthwise. Slice again lengthwise for ½ inch thick sticks.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and cumin in a large mixing bowl and lay out on a baking sheet with 1 inch of space between pieces.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip fries with tongs and bake again for 6 minutes or until dark and crisp on both sides.
- Mix all ingredients for dipping sauce (kefir, garlic powder, dried onion, chipotle peppers, cilantro, 1 teaspoon salt) together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving with fries.