Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Bon Appétit | February 1998
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray, 1 spray
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red-skinned sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch-wide slices, then again into 1/2-inch-wide strips (yams)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 500°F Spray large baking sheet with vegetable oil spray. Toss sweet potatoes with oil in large bowl. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 30 minutes. Transfer sweet potatoes to platter.
- Mix parsley, thyme and garlic in small bowl. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
These were great! I wished I had made more!
Delicious sweet potato fries. I loved the addition of garlic and fresh herbs. It gives sweet potato fries and new twist. Fresh flavors! Some of fries burned, but that was my fault. Just be careful to watch your fries during the last 5 minutes or so. ~Made for TYM photo tag in the Cookbook forum thread~