Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
From R. Reisman.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed (about 1-1/2 lb)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil, melted butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Spray rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise in half and each half into 4 wedges. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; brush half of mixture over sweet potatoes.
- Bake in centre of oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn and brush with remaining maple syrup mixture.
- Bake another 15 minutes or until tender.
These were incredible! I added some lime zest and made a lime ginger aioli to dip them in. Our whole family loved them.
Delicious - made this for supper tonight but skipped the oven & put them directly on the grill. They turned out great. A few on the back of the grill were slightly burned but they still tasted great! I love the combination of maple syrup & spices. This will be a summer time favorite. Thanks for sharing.
I julienned my potatoes to make them more like real french fries, and also stuck them under the broiler at the end to make them a little crispy. They remind me of some sweet potato fries we had while vacationing in Colorado--nice to be able to have them at home!