Taste of 2008! This is a nice change from regular fries and these definitely will tempt your taste buds. Served along with a nice spicy chipotle mayonnaise it satisfies many cravings! Although these fries are done in the oven if you prefer you can deep fry for a more crispy effect. Enjoy!
- sweet potato
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix together seasoning. In a bowl combine 1 Tbsp oil and 2 tsp seasoning per sweet potato. Toss and place on greased baking pans. Making sure that potatoes are spread out in pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes turning every 10 minutes.
- Serve with chipotle mayonnaise to prepare mayonnaise combine mayonnaise,* chipotle pepper, 1 tbsp adobe sauce and 2 drops Tabasco sauce. (*I use Chipotle peppers in a can that are in the adobe sauce already, found usually in Mexican food aisles of the supermarket).
- *Save remaining seasoning mixture in ziploc bag for next time.