Taste of 2008! This is a nice change from regular fries and these definitely will tempt your taste buds. Served along with a nice spicy chipotle mayonnaise it satisfies many cravings! Although these fries are done in the oven if you prefer you can deep fry for a more crispy effect. Enjoy!
- sweet potato
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix together seasoning. In a bowl combine 1 Tbsp oil and 2 tsp seasoning per sweet potato. Toss and place on greased baking pans. Making sure that potatoes are spread out in pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes turning every 10 minutes.
- Serve with chipotle mayonnaise to prepare mayonnaise combine mayonnaise,* chipotle pepper, 1 tbsp adobe sauce and 2 drops Tabasco sauce. (*I use Chipotle peppers in a can that are in the adobe sauce already, found usually in Mexican food aisles of the supermarket).
- *Save remaining seasoning mixture in ziploc bag for next time.
Delicious! I think the real star here is the spicy mayo dip. Oh my gosh, it is so yummy! I used Vegenaise (a vegan version of mayo..it is surprisingly good). I couldn't get the chipotle in a adobo sauce but found a small can of chipotle in adobo salsa - so I used 2 T. of that and it was fantastic. No need to chop up a chipotle! The sweet potato fries were very tasty with the spices, but I think I'll just do them plain with olive oil and kosher salt next time. I think that would go perfectly with the dipping sauce. By the way, I ended up using the leftover dip as a salad dressing!
My family had an OMG foodie moment. I followed the recipe except for adding a little brown sugar when mixing with the oil. The complexity of the flavors...fennel, oregano, coriander, combined with the chipotle mayo was phenomenal. Made me wish I were born Mexican. Buena! Hijole!! Don Quixote!!! ...or something like that.
I had been craving this Chipotle Mayo Dip I had at a restarant called Hell's Kitchen while visiting Minneapolis. I just buy the Sweet Potato Fries at Costo-- and use this dip! It tastes very close to Hell's Kitchens dip! I love it--
I used Chipotle Sauce (found at Kroger stores), Cumin, Mayo and added 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro! So yummy ! Thanks!