Adapted from a recipe by Mary Ann Housman
Make and share this Sweet Potato Fries With Chile Salt recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fries
- ketchup (for dipping, optional) (optional) or thin cranberry sauce (for dipping) (optional)
- 14.79 ml kosher salt
- 14.79 ml red pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml Splenda granular
- 7.39 ml black pepper
- 3.69 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread sweet potato fries in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until potatoes are golden and crispy, turning several times during cooking to ensure even browning.
- Thinner or thicker potatos may require more or less time, so check them rather than just relying on cooking time.
- When done, immediately sprinkle with chile salt.
- Serve hot with ketchup or thin cranberry sauce for dipping.
These were.... and still are really good. I used non-stick foil and as they were cooking they were very dry looking. When they were all done, I sprayed them with a little cooking spray and then sprinkled the Chili Salt. It stuck to the fries nicely :) I loved them Thanks Lorie :) Queen u Cuisine made for photo swap 1-2008
Very good. I used brown sugar instead of Splenda. It was a little spicy for us, so I might not use the red pepper flakes next time. I always use Delaunes Cajun seasoning for anything that asks for cayenne, so that might have also been it. The adults loved them, the kids weren't as impressed. I cut the sweet potatoes really thin and tossed with a little bit of olive oil before baking for extra cripsness. Thanks for a good recipe!