Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From 'Everyday Italian' with Giada De Laurentiis
- 5 sweet potatoes, cut into about 1 by 5-inch fries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potato "fries" on a foil-lined baking sheet and toss with the olive oil.
- Bake until golden, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the basil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl combine the mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- When the sweet potato fries come out of the oven, sprinkle with the basil salt.
- Serve with the garlic mayonnaise alongside for dipping.
Great recipe, everything worked out nicely and it was a step up from plain old yam fries. After 40 mins mine were really browning up, almost burning, so watch closely or maybe flip them halfway. I made the garlic mayo with veganese and holy, it's delicious! Thanks for sharing, from start to finish this is a really easy go-to recipe.
I've never been a fan of sweet potatoes, but these were actually quite good! The mayo made this dish for me... I didn't like the fries as much without. I tried to be healthy and sprayed olive oil on instead of doing what the recipe called for... my fries didn't really crisp up, so maybe that's why.
This is a review for the garlic mayo only (we deep-fried our sweet potatoes and just used a little regular salt)----fabulous! Great on the fries and I believe will be great on other things as well. Thanks for posting.