Recipe by Kristina0314
I love this recipe. I made it up from a version I had at a restaraunt. Great for kids too! I choose to dip into ranch dressing. I know it may sound strange, but try it, YUM!
Top Review by ellisonclan5
Absolutely delightful! My boys (4 & 1), husband and neighbors all loved them!!! Thanks for the awesome recipe! We cut them thin and they came out perfectly!Really, they were delicious. *UPDATE* - we figured out a way to crisp them up! After seasoning in the bag, dump in a couple tablespoons of cornstarch and shake it up one more time. They'll look funny with all the white powder, but it helps them get crispy! Delicious either way though!
- olive oil, to coat
- 6 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into steak fries
- 2 teaspoons salt
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put cut fries into large ziploc bag with olive oil, put in salt, garlic and cinnamon and shake to coat.
- Place fries onto baking sheet leaving space between fries.
- Put in oven for 10 minutes and then flip them over.
- Place back in for 10 more minutes.
- They should be soft on the inside and browned on the outside.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- You may also use regular potatoes or 1/4 packet taco seasoning to alter taste to your liking.