Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the cook yourself thin cookbook.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and dry the potatoes and slice into 1/2-inch thick rounds; cut the rounds into 1/2-inch thick fries (it's your choice if you want to peel the potatoes or not prior to cutting). Toss the potatoes in a bowl with oil, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- On a baking sheet, spread the fries in a single layer and roast, stirring every 10 minutes, until brown and tender, about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, transfer to platter, and sprinkle with more salt (if desired).
Delicious easy sweet potato fries that are so much better than store bought fries. Our family love shoe string variety fries so I didn't cut them as suggested. Amazing taste. Made for 2009 Fall PAC.
Yummy! Didn't have a lime so used a lemon.
Just the recipe I was looking for! I saw this on the Food Network years ago, made it and loved it. I've tried others before I found this, butI like this blend of seasonings the best. Thanks for posting it!