Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
TASTY side dish! These fries are seasoned with spices which enhance the flavor! A great side dish with pork chops or with your favorite burger. Has more flavor than white potatos and is easy to prepare.
- 2 sweet potatoes (large)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Peel potatoes and cut into large steak-size fries.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or saucepan with high sides. Heat to 375 degrees or medium high.
- Using a spatula carefully place 1/2 of cut sweet potatoes into hot oil. Turn heat back to medium heat. Fry potatoes until tender and light brown. Lift out and drain on paper towels. Fry remaining 1/2 potatoes.
- Mix salt, paprika, chili powder and onion powder in a small bowl. Using fingers sprinkle seasonings onto hot potatoes. Serve immediately.
These were good but a tad spicy for me. I followed the recipe as written but would cut back on the spices a bit next time.