Recipe by Family Kitchen
These fries are made from sliced sweet potatoes and baked in the oven until crisp on the outside and chewy inside. Delicious!!!
Top Review by What to cook tonight?
These were a really tastey treat! My family loved them. The blend of seasonings was excellent. I used dried minced onions instead of onion powder. They were very good. More in the oven as we speak! Thanks for posting.
- 3 medium raw sweet potatoes or 3 medium yams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and then slice into small strips that resemble standard french fries & place in large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle potatoes with olive oil & all spices, toss until each potato is covered in oil and spices.
- Spread potatoes on boiling pans or wire racks over baking sheets (allows for excess oil to drip and not sit on fries).
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour (until browned, they will still be pliable).
- Serve with sour cream or my spicy sour cream dip.