Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
These fries are made from sliced sweet potatoes and baked in the oven until crisp on the outside and chewy inside. Delicious!!!
- 3 medium raw sweet potatoes or 3 medium yams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and then slice into small strips that resemble standard french fries & place in large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle potatoes with olive oil & all spices, toss until each potato is covered in oil and spices.
- Spread potatoes on boiling pans or wire racks over baking sheets (allows for excess oil to drip and not sit on fries).
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour (until browned, they will still be pliable).
- Serve with sour cream or my spicy sour cream dip.
These were a really tastey treat! My family loved them. The blend of seasonings was excellent. I used dried minced onions instead of onion powder. They were very good. More in the oven as we speak! Thanks for posting.
good recipe.. i broiled them at the end to make them crispier. will make again. served with a curry dip.
Pretty good recipe! Just wish there was a way to make them crispier (other than frying). I enjoyed but DH didn't care for them too much. Good spices which weren't too overwhelming.