Recipe by nemokitty
This looked good and easy in Taste of Home Simple Cooking magazine.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Very good; the enchilada sauce I used was a little hot, but garnishing with sour cream tamed it a bit! My tortillas were too large for a pie plate, so I used a Pyrex pizza pan! Tagged under the 24-hour rule for 123 Hit Wonders.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 flour tortillas, 8 inch size
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, 8 oz., shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the cubed sweet potato and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until the potato is almost tender.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is cooked through. Drain. Stir in the beans, enchilada sauce, chili powder, oregano, cumin and sweet potato. Heat through.
- Place a flour tortilla in a greased 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Layer with a third of the beef mixture and cheese. Repeat layers twice. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.