Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from a women who made and placed it out on a buffet a few years back. I remember it being an interesting side to our turkey. Tell me what you think!
- 1⁄2 bunch celery, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 4 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground round
- 1⁄2 lb ground lean pork
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 2⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread, dampened and shredded
- Brown celery, both onions, and both meats together.
- Add pepper if desired.
- Drain in a colander to remove grease, pat with paper towels.
- Wipe pan with a paper towel, then return the drained meat mixture to the pan.
- Add the cooked and mashed sweet potatoes, along with the chicken broth.
- Blend together.
- Add shredded French bread and bake in a 300°F oven for 1 1/2 hours.