This recipe came from Food TV's, Paula's Home Cooking and are they good! Paula also had a maple icing with pecans but I like'd them better plain. These freeze well and stay moist for several days. A keeper! Thanks, Paula! =)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- 2In a large bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, and sweet potato.
- 3Gradually add flour mixture, stirring to combine.
- 4Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface.
- 5Knead in flour with hands as needed (dough will be sticky).
- 6Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
- 7Cut out dough with a 2 1/4-inch round doughnut cutter.
- 8No doughnut cutter? Use a soup can as a cutter then poke a hole in the middle of the dough round.
- 9Using your fingers, stretch the dough until an inch opening is formed and the doughnut is about 3 " wide.
- 10Re-roll dough as needed.
- 11In a Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil over medium heat to 360 degrees F.
- 12Cook doughnuts, in batches of 4-5, in hot oil, 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- 13Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 143.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g