Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a really good way to do sweet potatoes without all the brown sugar and sweetness that normally accompanies them.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice sweet potato into 1/4 inch discs.
- spray baking dish with Pam or baking spray.
- melt butter.
- whisk together butter, honey, cinnamon and lime juice in a large bowl.
- Toss potato slices with mixture reserving any left over mixture.
- Bake potato discs for 20-25 depending on how thick the discs.
- Top baked discs with a little excess sauce mixture and serve.
These sweet potatoes are very sweet and delicious! They are easy to make while preparing another dish, so that is a plus for me. I found them a bit too sweet, so I'd reduce the honey next time. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
This was very scrumptious. I will definitely make this again. Although I did increase the amount of lime juice I used since the honey was congealing a little bit too much for my taste. Made for new kids on the block 2010.