Recipe by Lisa Lou Who
I have always wanted to try Sweet Potatoe Pie. This recipe sounds good so I thought I'd post it here for safe keeping.
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 9 inches pastry shells, unbaked
- 1⁄2 cup whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place them in a mixing bowl; mash.
- Add marshmallow creme and butter; beat until smooth.
- Add milk, eggs and extracts; mix well.
- Combine the sugars, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg; gradually beat into potato until well blended.
- Pour into pastry shell and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with whipped topping.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.