Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a sweet, warm, yummy custard that will get even the pickiest of eaters eating their sweet potatoes and is so simple to prepare!
- 1 cup sweet potato, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- Mix together mashed cooked sweet potato and banana.
- Stir in milk, blending well.
- Add brown sugar, egg yolks and salt, mixing well.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 1 quart pan/casserole.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon (raisins if using) and sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
This deserves 10 stars. Absolutely delicious and quick and easy to prepare too. Probaby the best custard I've ever eaten. Thanks so much for sharing it, Kanutell.