Recipe by Kanutell
This is a sweet, warm, yummy custard that will get even the pickiest of eaters eating their sweet potatoes and is so simple to prepare!
- 1 cup sweet potato, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together mashed cooked sweet potato and banana.
- Stir in milk, blending well.
- Add brown sugar, egg yolks and salt, mixing well.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 1 quart pan/casserole.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon (raisins if using) and sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.