Recipe by Barb G.
Sweet potatoes and bananas make this low-fat custard a dessert-lovers delight. The recipe is courtesy Heart Health.
Top Review by Tina and Dave
Yum! What more can I say? We all enjoyed these (made 6 individual custard pots) - although I much prefered it cold, the 'boys' liked it hot & cold! I used a whole egg, 2 tabs sugar (brown sugar/splenda mix), and will definately be making these again! Thanks Barb!
- 236.59 ml sweet potato, cooked, mashed
- 118.29 ml banana, mashed
- 236.59 ml evaporated skim milk
- 29.58 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2 egg yolks, beaten (or 1/3 cup egg substitute)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 14.79 ml sugar or 14.79 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F; spray a 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sweet potato and banana; add milk blending well.
- Add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, mixing thoroughly; Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Combine raisins, sugar, and cinnamon and sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.