1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Custard
1 hr 25 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
Sweet potatoes and bananas make this low-fat custard a dessert-lovers delight. The recipe is courtesy Heart Health.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked, mashed
- 1/2 cup banana, mashed
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 egg yolks, beaten (or 1/3 cup egg substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F; spray a 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a medium bowl, stir together sweet potato and banana; add milk blending well.
- 3Add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, mixing thoroughly; Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- 4Combine raisins, sugar, and cinnamon and sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture.
- 5Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Custard
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.4
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 260.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g