Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add margarine, brown sugar, pecans, vanilla, flour, and cinnamon; mix well.
- Beat in the egg.
- Form the mixture into bite size balls and roll in crushed corn flakes.
- Place the sweet potato balls on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with toothpicks.