Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
You may use fresh, cooked sweet potatoes or two 15 oz. cans of sweet potatoes, drained and mashed. Though the recipe doesn't say so, this would probably be better if an electric beater was used to beat the wet ingredients before adding the flour. The Toledo Blade gave credit for this recipe to ARA. I have not yet made this recipe, but it sounded good and it was different than anything else on Recipezaar. Hope that you enjoy this one!
- 3 cups sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl place: sweet potatoes, margarine, brown sugar, pecans, vanilla, flour and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Beat in the egg.
- Form mixture into bite sized balls.
- Roll balls in crushed corn flakes.
- Place sweet potato balls on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with toothpicks.
The flavor is fantastic! I used canned sweet potatoes for ease, and even though I drained them really well I think they made the mixture to wet to form into balls. So, I placed the mixture into an 8x8 baking pan and sprinkled the top with the crushed cornflakes and a light sprinkling of extra cinnamon. I will try making this next time with fresh sweet potatoes to see if it holds together better. In any case, I will definitely make this recipe again. Thanks for sharing dogsandwoods. Made for Spring PAC 2009