Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You may use fresh, cooked sweet potatoes or two 15 oz. cans of sweet potatoes, drained and mashed. Though the recipe doesn't say so, this would probably be better if an electric beater was used to beat the wet ingredients before adding the flour. The Toledo Blade gave credit for this recipe to ARA. I have not yet made this recipe, but it sounded good and it was different than anything else on Recipezaar. Hope that you enjoy this one!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl place: sweet potatoes, margarine, brown sugar, pecans, vanilla, flour and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Beat in the egg.
- Form mixture into bite sized balls.
- Roll balls in crushed corn flakes.
- Place sweet potato balls on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with toothpicks.