Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
There are many wonderful sweet potato casseroles on this site. After searching every way I knew how, I could find recipes with coconut, recipes with pineapple, and recipes with the pecan topping, but not a single one with all three. So here is the recipe my Mom has made for Holiday meals as long as I can remember. It is so sweet, my Dad sometimes saves it for dessert! This is NOT a light version! If you wish, use the drained pineapple juice and add a couple of Tablespoons of heavy cream or milk instead of 1/2 cup milk.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Boil 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, beat potatoes with an electric mixer until smooth. Add Sugar, milk, butter, pineapple, and coconut.
- Pour into ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix room temperature butter, flour, brown sugar, and chopped pecans. Crumble over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and topping is crisp and brown.