Top Review by Kerry Vukovich
I came upon this recipe while searching for a sweet potato topping. I didn't like the recipe for the potato itself because it would have been much to sweet and "heavy" for my tastes. I did enjoy the topping very much, though. I topped plain, buttered sweet potatoes with it and they were quite good.
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar (light)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake sweet potatoes at 350 degrees until tender, approx 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Mash potatoes and remove outer skins.
- Combine potatoes and next five ingredients in a mixer.
- Spread in baking dish.
- For the topping: Mix and spread over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot. Serves 6.