5 hrs 25 mins
Food Addict!'s Note:
Great Fall/Winter Crock Pot Recipe with a 'surprise' ingredient that really puts this over the top for "Yum Factor". My family loves it, and it is a really short ingredient list! I originally got the basic recipe from a magazine and changed a couple of things for more flavor. (Like using chicken broth instead of water, and adding chopped ham -- or chicken works well too -- whichever you have). Great on it's own, or served over rice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together in crock pot the tomatoes, cumin, & pumpkin pie spice.
- 2Peel sweet potatoes and chop into bite size chunks, add to crock pot.
- 3Peel and dice red onion, add to crock pot, stir all together.
- 4Cover and cook for 4 &1/2 to 5 hours on high.
- 5About 1/2 hour before serving, stir in the peanut butter well, and add the chopped ham, cover & continue to cook.
- 6When ready to serve, added fresh chopped parsley and stir.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Crock Pot Stew
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.3
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.0 mg
- Sodium 226.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 28.8 g