Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Kraft Food and Family.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked and coarsely mashed (about 7 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups post Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Beat cream cheese, sweet potatoes, 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Spoon into a 2-quart shallow baking dish; top with apples and cranberries.
- Mix flour and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cereal.
- Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
We love this recipe, but putting cereal on it is a little weird. Instead, we use 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon and 3 tbsp. of softened butter mixed together on top. We also increase the sugar in the recipe to 1/3 a cup as a personal preference. Overall, it's a family favorite!
I really enjoyed this recipe. I love the crunch from the cereal and anything with apples has to be good ! I cut back on the cereal to about 2 cups.