Recipe by 4-H Mom
This is one of my Mother's favorite holiday recipe to have with a family gathering.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I made this recipe pretty much as given, but since I don't really care for marshmallows on top of sweet potatoes (I'll eat them if they're already there, but would never put them on myself!), I did omit them here! And, although I do stock cans of whole berry cranberry sauce, I used a thick, homemade sauce here! We all really liked these yams, & I look forward to making them again this way! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
- 907.18 g medium sweet potatoes
- 453.59 g canwhole cranberry sauce
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 158.51 ml flour
- 158.51 ml packed lilght brown sugar
- 158.51 ml quick-cooking rolled oats
- 88.74 ml butter
- 236.59 ml miniature marshmallow
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sweet potatoes in large pot, add water to cover sweet potatoes. Bring to boiling. Cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until tender, let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pell and mash sweet potatoes. Stir in cranberry sauce and cinnamon. Spoon into lightly greased 2-quart casserole.
- Combine flour, sugar, and oats, cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Spoon over sweet potato mixture. Bake 20 minutes. Top with marshmallows and bake 5 minutes or until golden brown.