1 hr 15 mins
This is delicious with any meal but especially good with chicken, turkey or ham. Great for holidays because you can do it ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes or 3 1/2 lbs yams, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- lite olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (do not thaw if using frozen cranberries) or 2 cups frozen cranberries (do not thaw if using frozen cranberries)
- 2/3 cup golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large orange, juice and rind of
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Mix Sweet potatoes and onions and put mixed veggies in two sprayed shallow oven proof dishes (about 8x12 each).
- 3Spray the veggies lightly with oil and bake until sweet potatoes are just tender (a bit under done) About 20-25 minutes.
- 4Lower heat on oven to 350°F.
- 5Combine the remaining ingredients, mix well and pour equally into the two casseroles.
- 6Mix well to coat all the pieces of vegetable.
- 7Bake uncovered about 30-40 min or until tender and getting sticky, Stir once during cooking.
- 8You may freeze the casseroles, tightly covered, before the final baking.
- 9Then on the day of your dinner defrost and follow through the final baking.
- 10Or you may hold it in your refrigerator, tightly covered, for a day and then bake on the day of your dinner.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato/Cranberry Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.5
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 281.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g