1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato Cottage Pie
1 hr 5 mins
A different twist to Cottage pie. Suitable to freeze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180c.
- 2Cook the potato & sweet potato in a large saucepan of boiling water for 15 mins or until tender.
- 3Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- 4Add the onion.
- 5Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened.
- 6Add the beef.
- 7Cook for 5 mins, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon.
- 8Add the tomato pasted and gravy powder.
- 9Stir to combine.
- 10Gradually add 2/3 cup of water, stirring continuously.
- 11Add the carrot and zucchini.
- 12Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to low.
- 14Simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- 15Stir in the peas.
- 16Drain the potato & sweet potato.
- 17Add the milk and mash.
- 18Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 19Mash until smooth.
- 20Transfer the mince mixture to a 1/5L (6-cup) capacity oven proof dish.
- 21Dollop the mash over the top and spread to cover.
- 22Rough up the surface with a fork.
- 23Bake for 25 mins or until slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Cottage Pie
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.4
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 387.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 27.7 g