1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fine-grind cornmeal (yellow or white, preferably stone-ground)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pureed baked sweet potato
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1To make the Orange Butter: in a small bowl using the back of a spoon, cream the butter and zest until fluffy and well combined; store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week; bring to room temperature before serving.
- 2To make the bread: preheat the oven to 375°; grease a 9-inch round springform or square cake pan.
- 3In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- 4In a small bowl, mix the eggs, sweet potatoes, corn oil, maple syrup, and buttermilk with a whisk.
- 5Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients; stir just until all ingredients are moistened yet thoroughly blended.
- 6Take care not to overmix.
- 7Pour the batter into the prepared pan; bake in the center of the oven about 20-25 minutes, until the cornbread is golden around the edges and a cake tester comes out clean.
- 8Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting into thick wedges.
- 9Serve with Orange Butter.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Cornbread With Orange Butter
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.0
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 111.9 mg
- Sodium 423.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of