Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a BHG Magazine
- 2 cups chopped peeled raw sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 -4 tablespoons chicken broth
- In a large skillet, cook sweet potatoes, onion, and celery in hot butter for 5 to 7 minutes until tender.
- Spoon mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in cilantro and ginger.
- Add cornbread and walnuts; toss gently to coat.
- Add enough chicken broth to moisten.
- Can be used to stuff one 8 to 10 pound bird.
- Can also be baked in a casserole dish, uncovered, in a 365 oven about 45 minutes or until heated through.