1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Corn Bread
I see no reason to make regular cornbread ever again--not when I can have this. The house smells heavenly, and this goes great with my chili. Recipe courtesy of The Best of Country Cooking 2010 and Judy Roland of Mount Holly, North Carolina.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil, and sweet potatoes.
- 3Stir in the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 4Pour into a greased 13x9x2" baking pan.
- 5Bake at 425 for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 6Cut into squares.
- 7Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Corn Bread
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.6
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 48.1 mg
- Sodium 490.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g