1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato, Corn & Black Bean Hash
An easy vegetarian hash that came from Eating Well.com. DH likes to roll it up in a tortilla with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedge
- tortilla (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onions and sauté until browned in spots, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Add sweet potato and cook, stirring, until it starts to brown in spots, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 4Stir in garlic, jalapeño, cumin and salt; sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 5Add water and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until liquid is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in corn and black beans and cook until heated through.
- 7Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Serve with lime wedges. Good rolled in a tortilla with sour cream and cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato, Corn & Black Bean Hash
Serving Size: 1 (566 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.9
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 634.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 18.8 g