Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Mr. Breakfast.com collection.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, room temperature
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Boil sweet potatoes (with skins) for about 50 minutes or until just tender when stabbed with a fork. Allow potatoes to cool several minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Prepare a 8x8-inch baking dish with a light coating of cooking spray.
- Cut potatoes in half length-wise. Scoop potato out of skins with a teaspoon and place in a bowl; set aside. Discard skins.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, honey and butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir. Fold in potatoes (don't worry if the potatoes are clumpy as long as the pieces (scoops) are small.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Cook for 50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve with butter.