1 hr 5 mins
This soup goes along way. Absolutely Delicious!! You can get about 10 servings from this fabulous simple soup. I hope you enjoy :) Make Ahead Directions Below. Canadian Living Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 29.58 ml gingerroot, chopped
- 4.92 ml mild curry paste or 4.92 ml curry powder
- 1419.54 ml sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2lbs)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1182.95 ml chicken or 1182.95 ml vegetable stock
- 236.59 ml coconut milk
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 29.58 ml fresh coriander or 29.58 ml green onions or 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
- 1in large saucepan, heat oil over low heat, cook onions, celery and ginger until tender, about 4 minutes. add curry paste cook stirring for 1 minute.
- 2add potatoes, apples and stock, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes. add coconut milk, heat through, about 5 minutes.
- 3in batches, transfer to blender or food processor, or use immersion blender puree. season with salt and pepper.
- 4to serve stir in lime juice, garnish with coriander.
- 5Make Ahead Directions:.
- 6refrigerate until cool, refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks. Thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours, reheat gently.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Coconut Soup-Oamc
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 155.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild curry paste