Recipe by daisygrl64
This soup goes along way. Absolutely Delicious!! You can get about 10 servings from this fabulous simple soup. I hope you enjoy :) Make Ahead Directions Below. Canadian Living Magazine.
Top Review by fashionrivet
Wowwwww! I made this soup last night and it was amazing! I added a teaspoon of Splenda to make the sweetness of the sweet potato pop and the whole can of coconut milk instead of 1 c.. Over all one of the best takes on sweet potato soup I have tried.Thanks for this one!
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 29.58 ml gingerroot, chopped
- 4.92 ml mild curry paste or 4.92 ml curry powder
- 1419.54 ml sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2lbs)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1182.95 ml chicken or 1182.95 ml vegetable stock
- 236.59 ml coconut milk
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 29.58 ml fresh coriander or 29.58 ml green onions or 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- in large saucepan, heat oil over low heat, cook onions, celery and ginger until tender, about 4 minutes. add curry paste cook stirring for 1 minute.
- add potatoes, apples and stock, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes. add coconut milk, heat through, about 5 minutes.
- in batches, transfer to blender or food processor, or use immersion blender puree. season with salt and pepper.
- to serve stir in lime juice, garnish with coriander.
- Make Ahead Directions:.
- refrigerate until cool, refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks. Thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours, reheat gently.